Thank you for your interest in the Troops of Saint George!
The Troops of Saint George apostolate provides a context for men and young men to grow in their love for Christ and His Catholic Church while experiencing a life of virtue and adventure.
It’s easy to get started with 5 simple steps:
- Find a Captain – an adult male leader of the troop. Choose a man who is a natural leader and ready to answer His call. He does not have to be an outdoors expert, but it helps.
- Recruit some men and young men.
- Have your sponsoring priest complete the simple online endorsement letter that will be immediately emailed to the priest’s email address provided in the initial Captain signup page.
- Review and become familiar with the TSG Officer’s and Field Manuals to garner an understanding of how to operate a troop. The Captain will then complete the online TSG “Charter Agreement” that will associate the local troop with the headquarters of TSG. Without this Charter Agreement, we do not recognize the local troop and you are NOT insured. As the online agreement and online priest recommendation are complete, you will then pay your annual charter fee and national dues through the link provided through email. In working with the national team, you can always add members after chartering as the troop starts to grow.
- Schedule your first troop event (campout, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, etc.)
Have a troop within traveling distance? Reach out and join an event to get some operational insight.